This internationally know art car features 250 electro-mechanical fish and lobsters bolted to a Volvo, singing opera and other popular tunes. It includes an orchestral conductor on a linear bearing system and 2 soloists on independent lifter platforms. Its control system features a Linux netbook, custom C software with a web-browser GUI, 300 pounds of batteries, 5 miles of wire, and about 30 custom PCB driver boards. A venerable Basic Stamp computer serves as backup to the Linux netbook.
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin