Project: This is a ceiling fan that has LEDs attached to the fan's blades. When the fan rotates a scolling message is displayed and can be as long as 999 characters. The control circuit uses a microcontroller that was developed here in Austin. The last prototype was displayed at the Austin Maker Faire 2008 and this design has many improvements. Visitors are welcome to type in a message and watch it appear on the sign through the magic of radio waves.
Maker website: ceilingfansign.com/
Maker name: Buck Stein
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin