Project: HSMM-MESH is a project by Amateur Radio Operators where we take Linksys WRT54G wireless routers/access points, load our own customized firmware (mostly written right here in Austin), and turn the router into an Amateur Radio High-Speed-Multimedia Mesh network node. We then attempt to link as many nodes as possible to form our own Ham Radio high speed wireless network. We use gain antennas, amps, filters, and other creative ideas to get long paths (miles!) out of these nodes. There are groups and users all across the country starting to setup HSMM-MESH nodes for their own use.
Maker website: www.hsmm-mesh.org
Maker name: Jim Kinter
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin