Project: Each piece is hand created with a process called Raku. The doll heads are initially fired (bisque) to a cone 6. Each piece is glazed and fired to a temperature of 1900 degrees then very carefully removed and placed in a metal container with sawdust which produces thick black smoke. The carbon is wicked into the porous clay body, blackening the clay and accentuating the crackle pattern of the glaze.
Maker website: www.facebook.com/WetProject
Maker name: Teresa Ramsey
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin